• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inexpensive Exhaust Manifold for 1990 Renix

I want to replace my cracked manifold. I am not looking for performance and the price attached to said perfromance like a gibsons or banks. I dont want another that will crack, and I have read mixed reviews to the Dorman ones. I do however have another option, the local Lordco has a manifold, its the same style as the stock, with two fittings for the o2 and the EGR thats made out of tubing welded together. Its made by someone called Mighty Max or Mighty mite, and $350 Canadian. Anyone know of this brand or another brand, I was looking to spend about $200-250 on a replacement.

First and foremost - how are your engine mounts? I only ask because most cracked collector complaints seem to be accompanied by complaints of failing engine mount bushings...

If you are going to replace the header, replace all three engine mounts while you're about it - the two for the engine proper, and the one under the transmission. Cheap insurance...

Well I replaced them about 2 years ago. so I am pretty sure they are ok

Is the renix 1990 manifold cast or tube, I asked my local autowreckers shop about it and they told me to find out if its cast or tube...

But yah, hard to justify 400+ for a banks in my opinion

I think that it should be tube. My 88 is tube. Mine is cracked too. Its not that bad untill I let it idle for a while then it smells up my cab.
EDIT: Well I searched for your lordco parts store and I got a bunch links to parts manufactures and such. I saw a link called "motormight" and it took me to the doorman website. so maybe they are the same thing

Last edited:
there was a very large thread about the APN header, with several high res pictures. It would be worth the search.

I know it's high end but high in quality as well thats BORLA. Saw a couple at the Hesco shop and it was recommended. I will consider it when (notice I said when not if) my Renix manifold cracks.

There are some good prices but by the time I get them across the border they are so expensive. I almost figure the motormight/dorman one might be better than fixing mine

87manche said:
there was a very large thread about the APN header, with several high res pictures. It would be worth the search.

Yup and that header looks of vary good quality and can't beat the price............only problem is they don't have one for us RENIX guys:banghead:

Flash.

Back