• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Shims & position

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting on 3.5" lift leaf springs with angle shims (came all bolted up with the springs). The springs have a large end and a small end. So which end goes in which position?

I know I should just look at the Paradise XJ and install likewise, but I'm not even sure that those springs are installed correctly because it sags so badly that I think they (the old springs) were put on incorrectly. I can use all the pics you got. Thanks.

BTW the front springs I understand, I just don't want to be in there most of the day and do the rear backwards. The shims going the wrong way might pretty much F things up!!!

You should be able to tell just by the location of the center bolt. The spring is longer to the rear of the bolt than to the front. I believe the bushings are different sizes also. You will definately know if they are installed correctly or not. If they are backwards, the tires will be up against the rear fender flare and the driveshaft will be too short.

Back