• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower motor replacement

BGXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I searched and got tired of looking at blower motor resistor problems, but i had that problem and replaced it and now the fan won't turn on. I have a 2000 with ac and power windows and all that, but am wondering how to remove the blower motor. Am i correct in thinking that it comes out of the engine bay? is the plug the small one facing the motor? thanks.

yeah i'm sure about that....i was all excited to get that thing in the mail only to be disappointed to find that it still doesnt work, but i'm pretty sure it needed replacing cuz i could smell the old one when it burned up. I also dealt with it only working on high or off then eventually it quit working altogether. I took it out and it looked aweful, some rust and stuff. So I was sold on the idea that it had gone bad, just wondering if it going bad shot the motor too.

idk what to think at this point....tracing the wires sounds like a nightmare...i have recently had water under my carpet every time it rains cuz i removed the wheel well liners. If the motor is bad then it must be a coincidence that it and the resistor went bad at the same time. I checked the fuse that i think it is #25 in the interior fuse panel and i checked the relay behind the glovebox but not sure how to check to see if it is bad. all the terminals on it looked good. i'd hate to go through the trouble of pulling the motor if it isnt bad so i suppose i will have to test it on the battery. this project will have to wait until the weekend. thanks!

tested the blower motor and it works fine...so, i am clueless as where to look next...everything else is operational on the jeep, just not the blower motor..i checked the fuses again, swapped some around, swapped some relays around, plugged wires for the fan switch into another unit and still nothing. anyone have any other suggestions? i dont know anything about electrical stuff.

Back