• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yukon Gears warranty.

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Just wondering if anyone knows what the warranty is on Yukon Ring and Pinions?

Year, two, Five? I will call monday and find out for sure, but just wanted to know sooner.

Thanks.

Pics?

Good luck getting that warrantied. Incorrect setup, housing flex, foreign objects, big tires and off road abuse, these are usually the cause of gear failure. Gear manufacturers would soon go out of business if they warrantied every gear set we grenaded due to these reason.

Trutrac front diff. Could have been in reverse? but honestly don't know when it happened. I definetely wasn't locked in reverse, trutrac only locked when you apply brakes to lock it, and I've never had to do that in reverse.

I have a diff gaurd that is VERY thick and "structural" so flex might be limited a little, but I don't have it trussed. Gears have been installed for 2 years, setup was correct, but hasn't been checked since then.

As for big tires and off road abuse....duh :D

Yukon warrantees their axles for five years...no tire size limits or anything. So I'm hoping for five years on the gears.

I will post up my findings.

Lincoln said:
Everything I have says 1 year again defects.
x2 there is 2 many possibilities and yukon wont warranty them out. axles and their joints have the 5 year warranty. from the pic it does look like you were in reverse. let us know what happens but dont hold you breath!

Yukon is 5 yrs....but good luck...I just shelled a set of 4.88's this last summer. the guy I got the gears from tried to warranty them..denied...He told me that Yukon has not warrantied a set of gears that he has sent in for about 2 yrs now.

They will be denied. 35's on a dana 30 gearset will be denied no matter how old they are. I work in the warranty department at Randys by the way. I don't make the call on what will be denied, though.

bobnoxious said:
Pics?

Good luck getting that warrantied. Incorrect setup, housing flex, foreign objects, big tires and off road abuse, these are usually the cause of gear failure. Gear manufacturers would soon go out of business if they warrantied every gear set we grenaded due to these reason.

Very true.

So sounds like the answer to your question is, Open box, Warranty expires. :sunshine:

Rob

Just called Randy's. 5 years on the axles, 1 year on gears, 1 year on the trutrac.

I ordered a new detroit, gears, and install kit. I also bought the extended warranty on the gears :D

Back