• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE

jeepcherokee88

NAXJA Forum User
hello to all of you I'am sure you might of seen me around here I'am new to jeep building and have a few questions. I'am in the process of finishing my 6.5 lift kit on the xj and was curious about the SYE is it a must have for a jeep with this much lift? or only for heavy offroading? I've looked online and finding 450 bucks is kinda tuff at the moment and i was just curious if it was a must have? And if any of you are curious heres a pic of it lol kinda ruff at the moment but so far I've had to redo most all of it replaced floor pans where holes were big enough to climb through ,etc but all in all its worth it I think.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2501662
my.php

Last edited:
you might be able to temporarly do a t-case drop and shim your rear axle to help with vibes if your only runing on the street i have also reacently read that a YJ slip yoke will fit and is longer then the XJ i am gonna try getting one of those for mine... otherwise i would say yes buy an SYE and never worry about it!

If you plan on wheelin it get the SYE. worries be gone and you won't embarrass your self by having the driveshaft fall out and spilling your TC fluids on the trail.

You will need a new drive shaft with any SYE... Because you've eliminated the slip yoke, you need a drive shaft with a slip shaft.

I personaly run the AA SYE and a tom woods shaft but....many people have no problems with the hack and tap and to some the small price difference is not so small.

I have been running mine without the SYE for 4 years. I am at 6" and have minimum vibes. Yes I do wheel it offroad. I do have an SYE for when I go full width and much taller. I just wanted to wait before I bought a shaft and had to buy another one. I was going to run my AA SYE and a front DS as well. Many do this and then you only have to carry one spare DS for front and rear when you go wheeling.

Back