• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum Ball

joe_and_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 XJ, I was backing off of a rather large ledge and smashed my front bumper on the passenger side and busted the vacuum ball. Still runs like a champ, I dont notice any problems. Should I worry about it? Or start looking for another one.

look for another.
You will need this in order to change the heater vents and also cruise control if you still have it.

I dont run CC anymore so I got a Vac ball from a S-10 truck, alot smaller and it operates the vents just fine. Also I mounted it on the upper firewall out of the way since I dont run a front bumper anymore.

:repair:

Find another one. You're loosing system vacuum which will ultimately affect performance. Others can explain how much.

Next time, relocate it somewhere safer and stop smashing you're bumper. You go over the obstacles, not through them ;-).

I never realized what it did until I was trying to get my vents to work. Now I understand. Sucks in summer when the A/C will blow just not on you when you want it.

back when I was a "newbie" to my XJ...
I cut mine with a saw...

I had a few adult beverages and decide to cut the front fenders...

did't figure out until I tried to run the ole heater... I think it only a defroster now.

Duct tape didn't work for some reason :puke:

Back