• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED CLUTCH HELP FAST!!!

themangeraaad

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I have traced a problem to be the clutch, so now my question is, in removing the tranny, I have got everything done up to removing the bolts holding it to the engine, with the exception of removing the hydraulic line to the slave cylinder. Coming out of the tranny is the bleeder line and another line going to the soft line which goes to the clutch master cylinder and such. These are connected by a metal fitting, with a black plastic ring that can slide into this metal fitting. Does anyone know hwo to get this off? I have tried pushing the black clip into the metal fitting and tried pulling the two apart with no luck, any hints or anything? I need to get this done FAST and my goal was to get the tranny out tonight and install the clutch tonight or tomorrow and reinstall the tranny and such tomorrow, so i need help! Please anyone with experience send some advice.

PS, from searching I think this fitting is called a press nut. Not sure, but thats what it seemed like...

Last edited:
I have no knowledge of this and no-one else is chiming in, so.....you could always cut the line and then replace it.
Just a thought, I hope it helps.

well in sleds they have pressed bearings and you usually need a puller to get stuff that is press fitted apart maybe you need a special tool but im not sure either sorry

i thought about cutting the line and using a compression fitting, i had to do that for a quick repair to a brake line a while back, but I'm not sure on the availablity of compression fittings for that size line. I know they have them for brake line but this is a bit bigger. and cutting/replacing would still leave me with the problem of needing to get the piece out of the fitting, which poses the same problem i have now... except that I have to buy more parts, or get the entire line down from the clutch master cylinder which is prolly a jeep only part which would run quite a bit so I am attempting to avoid going that route of at all possible. thanks for the input though, anyone else?

There should be a little pin on the slave cylinder holding the fitting in place. Use a small phillips head, a nail, or some other pointy object to knock it out. Prepare to drain the fluid in line.

gradon said:
There should be a little pin on the slave cylinder holding the fitting in place. Use a small phillips head, a nail, or some other pointy object to knock it out. Prepare to drain the fluid in line.

don't lose the little pin, the stealership up here, sells the whole assembly, not just the little pin. If you get a chance, grab one from the scrap yard and tape it into the glovebox, or your toolbox. make sure you mark it so you can read it.

Back