• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which is shorter?

anewlife84

NAXJA Forum User
i am changing my rear axle to a dana 60 but its my only vehicle and i dont have the time to do it all at once so i need to find out which drive shaft is shorterand by how much, the 5speed dana 35 shaft or auto 8.25 shaft or even the auto dana 35 combo. i have an auto with a 8.25 and need a shaft taht is about 2-3 inches shorter than mine. please someone help me

anewlife84 said:
i am changing my rear axle to a dana 60 but its my only vehicle and i dont have the time to do it all at once so i need to find out which drive shaft is shorterand by how much, the 5speed dana 35 shaft or auto 8.25 shaft or even the auto dana 35 combo. i have an auto with a 8.25 and need a shaft taht is about 2-3 inches shorter than mine. please someone help me

I just replaced my D35 with a D44. The Dana 44 yoke sticks out an extra 1".
I installed the original DS and measured, it went .4" farther on the TC shaft.
I don't know how all this is helpfull to you, I'm trying to say that the axle yoke position doesn't translate in a linear fashion at the TC shaft.

Back