• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MileMarker D30 Hub Conversion - Yes, I searched.

PsychoBoyHappy

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the wheel bearings on my MM hub setup.

2000 XJ - MM kit# 33-50020

Here's the thing. I don't want to pull the hubs apart to figure out the part #'s of the bearings/races. I am in a position where I need to have the parts in hand before I start.

MileMarker is clueless, I spoke with them twice and they don't have the part numbers for thier own product!

Anyone know? Does anyone have a recommendation (beyond Timken) for a manufacturer. How about a recommendation on bearing grease.

Thanks-

PsychoBoy

I was going to replace mine too a few months ago, and when I talked to the guys at milemarker they sent me a part numbers and such, except most of the info was in Chinese, I'll see if I can dig it up. But I am guessing that they used the same bearings and races that are in a Ford ranger or Warn set-up, they just pre-assemble for you. I've installed and rebuild/repacked all three set-ups, ranger, Warn and my own Milemarker kit and they all seem to be the same. I would definately the bearings Napa specs for a 91 Ford Ranger.

I would go with the Warn conversion. Just wasted a ton of money on the Milemarker and it doesn't have the hub fuses that the Warn kit does. :/

bigolexj said:
I would go with the Warn conversion. Just wasted a ton of money on the Milemarker and it doesn't have the hub fuses that the Warn kit does. :/

Thats like comparing apples to oranges. The only Warn kit that has hub fuses is the 5 on 5.5 kit, not the 5 on 4.5 kit. On the smaller Warn and MM kits the hub is the fuse, plus they tell you not to use a front locker when using the fuses, kinda defeats the purpose. I know people do, but I would rather change a tire and throw a new hub on than have to rebuild the hub on the side of the trail.

to clarify, I already have the milemarker kit and I am happy with it. Since my rig is almost street-only, the MM kit works fine. I'll never be running more than a 29" wheel, I hate mud and there's no rock crawling here in Ohio. This is a go-fast truck. It's purpose is to fly down the highway and to handle itself well on West Virginia back roads.

What I am asking for is a part number for the bearings and races within this kit. I fouled up when I set up the pass. side bearing preload somehow and now I want to replace the bearings on both sides.

Milemarker has so far been unable to tell me which bearings are used in this kit. They make a good product, but thier tech department is by and large clueless.

Back