• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's the best spark plugs?

Sport cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I recently changed some NGK plugs out of my 99 XJ SPORT 4x4 that had been in my XJ for 3 and some years to the cheapest Autolites the parts store had.

It seem like the 3 year old burned-up Ngk's run stronger than the brand new autolites, but the autolites give better gas mile. Makes me how the Ngks performed when they where new.

What results do you you get from the plugs you use?

I have used Bosch Platinum in my Grand Cherokee and my XJ, seem to work great and last a long time. Price on them has come down, so I usually wait for them to go on sale for $2 each, then buy a spare set....

I do like the NGK's though, use them all the time in my 240z.....

Enjoy,
Bob

KarlVP said:
USE CHAMPION.

End of discussion.

x2_poster.jpg

copper champions are reliable and i use them and have had no problems.

I think your worn spark plugs felt like they ran better because the gap was bigger. This allows the air/fuel mixture to combust slightly faster, increasing horsepower a tad.

I've run all sorts of spark plugs and I would have to say that any copper core plug works fine. I think platinums are a waste.

I had gotten some of the champion black and gold truck plugs.
I can't say they ran any better than the autolites they replaced but the insulators were fragile, I broke two using a 13/16 sparkplug socket with the rubber boot inside after running and doing a color check... don't know how but they broke very easy.
Won't buy those again

Back