• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mountaineer racks

downhillracer

NAXJA Forum User
I need to create more cargo capacity in my xj for my fire gear and I would like to get a mountaineer rack. I was wondering if any of you have seen aftermarket ones other than the one in quadratec for 200 bucks. Or... have any of you made your own. It has to be resistant to moisture so that means no MDF or materials that will break down when wet. Preferably something that looks decent. Thanks.

i think the mountainer rack is the only one for inside the cargo area. I would buy it if you really need to stack your stuff to make room, if you cant weld and dont have bender and in a hurry for room i would just buy it. I have never seen anyone else market such a rack, definately easy to copy, so maybe a local shop could make you one if you know a welder or a 4x4 or custom car shop. But one off stuff is pricey for all the measureing .... might loose any benefit there.

Check any local 4x4 boards in your area. Post up that youll bring the steel, offer beer and pizza, and lots of guys with a welder would love to help a fireman, i know i would.

Back