• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OVERHEAD CONSOLE WIRING

Jeepthing88

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have the newer overhead console for the 1998 XJ that I'm trying to put into my 1994 Xj is there anyone who knows or any site that has the wiring for the newer console? this is what i got so far:
there are 2 connections into the actual overhead console. then of course theres the harness that goes down the pillar. sticking out of the harness are 2 pink wires (for the vanity mirrors).....then down to where it all connects down near the passenger side the harness splits into 3. heres the breakdown of the 3:
The first one pluged into a fuse box on the other cherokee. it has 3 wires: all of which i'm sure are for the domelights.
yellow - courtesy lamp output
pink - constant 12V power
black - ground
The second one wired into a very large wiring harness that ran behind/underneath the dash and to a computer just to the right and below the steering column on the other cherokee. it has 6 wires:
White/Black - switch power 12V
Black/Green - ground for compass
Black/Blue - temp sensor
Purple/Green - temp sensor
another White/Black - switch power 12V
Purple - ??????
The last one up forward of the fuse box on the passenger side and may have went into the same larger harness as the second one on the other cherokee. It has 3 wires:
Light Blue/Red - Lights on input
Dark Blue/Pink - ????
Black/Red - ????

All the wires that have what they are listed for I got from http://www.underground-ink.biz/Jeep_...p5/jeep_01.htm which is for an older type console...so some if it could be right...or not. Any help you guys have on this would be GREAT!!!

yea the links are no good anymore...too bad...just spend an hour and a half just trying to get everything hooked up...got the lights to work...but no compass or temp

Run a search, all the info you could ever want is there.
Here's just a teaser to get you started on your way.
Welcome aboard. :D

diagram2-758x365.jpg

Back