• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ever get leafs redone at spring shop??

ThE HiV

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to look at options for doing a small lift on my 93 XJ. Wondering if anyone has any experience with bringing their rig into a spring shop. can they bend up some new leafs to add to the pack? or reshape my current sagging ones? How much does something like this usually cost.
I want to get about 2 inches of lift, but dont like the sounds of crappy ride quailty on aal, shackles or blocks dont seem like a great idea either.

thanks for any thoughts

Lifting a 93 XJ

I have 92 XJ that has a 4.5" Rough Contry lift on it. I love it. I toyed around with the idea of doing an add a leaf but thought better of it. They don't last as long and the ride is not as good. As for re-arching your current springs; I know of only a couple of people that have ever done that. One was to lift the vehicle and the other was to just re-gain the old stance that the vehicle used to have. Neither one really lasted or performed like the spring pack of a new lift kit.
I highly recommend contacting Jeff Green at Rough Country and picking his brain.

search bastard leaf pack. Get a decent quality flexi bolt in leaf pack as described in the thread, he used a s10 pack.

timmays bastard pack thread.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50083&highlight=bastard+pack

another thread to read:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23381&highlight=leaf+spring

I would go with the s10 leaf packs over re arching for sure. AAL might be ok for a DD that has sagged not so great for a wheeler, and the re arching eventually fails jsut like the original arching did.

I rearched my springs on a CJ-5 I had years ago. Did that and added air shocks, worked for me.

I rearched springs on my former suburban, lasted about 2 years. Then I replace dthem with new from Bett's Spring, worked great until I sold it five years later. Looking back, I should have just replaced them the 1st time.

Back