• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ Flares

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to purchase some tj flares but after looking into it, it appears that there are a few different sizes... stock standard ones are only about 3.5" wide
rtft.gif
are those going to cover my 33x12.5 on 8" rims w/ 4" BS? I dont think they will because nearly half of my tire is sticking out(about 6") appearently the sahara and rubi flares are closer to 5 inches... i would think that would be my best bet right? i found a set on here for $65 (front and rear) but they are probably the smaller ones and i have already been pulled over for running flareless. i'm just wondering if i'm going to dump 65 bucks into these and get pulled over again... they gotta cover ALL of the tire
brickwall.gif
are the small ones going to cut it? just wondering what you guys are running.
Thanks
hi.gif

you guys are saying the 3.5 stock wont fit right? what are most people running when they say they've got tj flares? i would assume the 5 inch ones? those will cover my tires pretty well right?
Thanks!

If I could only find rear TJ flares....

Anyway, I'm running the same wheel/tire combo and I've been researching this too. I thought the '97+ TJ flares are 6" which will cover those 33s. They also have a 7" flare from the TJ "Sahara" line IIRC.

these are some stock rear TJ flares I think they measure 3.75 inches the front of the Xj does taper alot. The rears which are not on in this pic easily cover the rear tires. The rubicon flares are an inch wider that the stockers from the research I did before I put em on. I could be wrong and if you want some pics of the rears I'll take some pics tommorow. anyway here is the fronts and my tires are 32x11.50 on 15x8's with 3.75 BS

click to make bigger

Back