• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex 4" long arm kit?

Gmachine

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if anyone's run this kit. I don't that the long arms are adjustable and I'm assuming you use the stock upper arms? I found this kit for $600 and would still need shocks & adj. track bar

Just wondering.

by the looks of the kit, it doesnt use a full crossmember, and is only lower longarms, if it doesnt address the upper arms, what's the point?

S4XL.jpg

WOW that kit just looks downright scary!!

I don't know what size lift kit your looking for, or what your budget is or what your plans are, but if you were to let us know what you want to do, maybe we can help you further.

Let us know
Matt

I'm just looking to go as high as I can cheap. I'm willing to remove the flares and cut some sheet metal, but can't see spending $1000 on a 4-5" kit. I work in a machine shop and have access to all the CNC stuff I need, but time is hard to come by. I would really like to run 33's as I had 32's on my TJ and loved it, but would like to have bit more lift with this XJ to accomidate the longer wheel base. I'm willing to do the work myself, just not sure which route to go. I've seen the DIY long arms, but am scared to try as it would see quite a bit of highway use.

I learned a lot about looking into the right kit with my TJ, but this is a different animal and I was thinking a rear leaf vehicle would be cheaper to lift.

I've seen two people run that kit. At drop your pinion points down and you start breaking front driveshaft u-joints. You need to keep the relationship of upper/lower links right, or your pinion angle won't be maintained through travel.

I have the TeraFlex long arms. I previously had their adjustable uppers and shorty lowers. Replaced the lowers with these long arms and about 3ish years later their doing fine. I know that kit is only AAL, which isn't the ideal way to go, but it will work as a starting point and you can make additional purchases later to improve or grow what you already have. The shackles and swaybars straps are solid as well. I have no personal experience with their coils or leaf springs.

So in summary I have the just the long arms, not the kit. I have zero complaints with it. It hasn't failed me in a single way.

Having said that, are there other products that have more extensive mounting systems? Absolutely. But for my uses I will be staying put with what I have.

I would still shop around as you may find something with better features for just a little more. If not grab it as it is good bang for the buck.

I have been studying the same long arms, and came up with the question of how can you have this length on new lower arms and do nothing on the uppers?

I'm wishing there was a solution for long arms top and bottom, and this is why the designers go to the 'Y' config. The only exception I've seen is the Skyjacker subframe system, which looks like maybe it provides dropped uca and lca points, which would maintain geometry (I think?). :confused1

Back