• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waste Of My Money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjhandy

NAXJA Forum User
So i recently ordered the TC drop kit from Rusty's, and I find it hard to understand how i recieved 3 bolts of the same size and one bolt of one size. To my enjoyment the one bolt that was long was the only bolt that was threading itself all the way in. Has anyone else had this problem when ordering from Rusty's? This being the first couple things i have ordered, im not very pleased. (n)

A buddy of mine ordered their 4" lift and he only got half of the parts. So far the only thing I've ordered from them is their tie rod and am very pleased with it although most I know don't particularly care for Rusty's.

xjhandy said:
So i recently ordered the TC drop kit from Rusty's, and I find it hard to understand how i recieved 3 bolts of the same size and one bolt of one size. To my enjoyment the one bolt that was long was the only bolt that was threading itself all the way in. Has anyone else had this problem when ordering from Rusty's? This being the first couple things i have ordered, im not very pleased. (n)

So return them, and go to the hardware store and buy your own pieces.

Here is a great resource on how to do it.
http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoTCdrop.htm

Not really the point is it? It's time and energy wasted because of a poor company with obviously terrible service. Of course you could go and get your own parts but that doesn't address the point of the thread does it???? That's just stupid.

does rusty have any involvement in the many jeep forums? i havnt seen him anywhere but i always could have missed it. i think him actually being involved with the community may help him (forum wise)

I had the same problem with my t-case drop. Got on bolt in and then the other would not line up for crap, then i just un-did the tranny mount and it went in fine.

91 Jeep Project said:
He is a NAXJA Sponsor. Not that it means he is ever on the site.

if he ever did come to the site, maybe he would see all the posts about people saying he has sucky customer service and try to step it up a bit....oh wait that doesnt happen in the real world.

-Tim

i dont understand how one company can have so many countless instances where the wrong order or partial orders are shipped, or just no order altogether at all, and just continue doing it over and over and over for years never seeming to correct it

I got some add a leafs from Rusty's. Everything came as ordered! Except the Ubolts didn't come with nuts...Kind of odd, but it never said they were to come with nuts! Got some Grade 8's from AutoZone to do the trick.

xjhandy said:

Did you call them to get it straightened out?

If not, I'll probably delete this thread. I hate it when someone has enough time and energy to complain about something on an Internet forum but not enough time to call the vendor and get it straightened out. If you called them and they told you to go take a flying leap, I understand, but if you haven't even contacted them yet............

Goatman said:

If not, I'll probably delete this thread. I hate it when someone has enough time and energy to complain about something on an Internet forum but not enough time to call the vendor and get it straightened out. If you called them and they told you to go take a flying leap, I understand, but if you haven't even contacted them yet............

I agree. I had a problem with my trac bar. I called him sent it back he made one beefier than the old one and sent it back to me. I told him it could have been my fault. He sent one free of charge. Everytime I call I always talk with Rusty himself. He is a pretty good guy. Call him up and see what he says. And for your bolts not going in try loosening the tranny like stated above. I am not trying to speak for everyone but he is a large company and if he did not stand behind his work he would not have any business. Is there other companies that make better products. Probably, but at what price are you going to pay for them? Call before you complain...... Let him try to make it right before you make him look bad.

I used Rusty's Control arms, Track Bar, 1.75 inch lift shackles and Long Add a Leafs in my XJ project along with a bunch of other little stuff. Called him on a few questions and they were answered right away. I have had nothing but good things to say about them and I am very happy with the way my XJ performs.

Just my $.02!

My gf got me a TC skid for xmas and she said they were VERY nice to deal with on the phone and she said everything arrived on time.. seems like the problems are here and there compared to all the orders they get and fill..

Goatman said:

agreed. i ordered a steering box brace and they sent me the wrong clamp for the steering box. called them next day they had a whole new brace sent out next day delivery, didnt even make me send the old brace back. they fixed the problem promptly so maybe they would do the same for u but i dont know im not a doctor.

Goatman said:

Hey Richard,

I totally understand your feelings about it. But in his defense we don't know if he called or not as far as his original post is concerned. So I won't judge him for that.

I might have been just as likely to attempt do the project, have my only vehicle on jackstands and partially disassembled and then find out I don't have the right bolts to get the work done. Then I have to hop on my bike and pedal to ACE and get the correct bolts OR I can call Rusty on the next business day and HOPE that they decide to ship the correct bolts and ship them in a timely manner.

Given that scenario I'd be damned if I was going to choose the latter option and I might have a few choice words for the service and I MIGHT post them on a forum as well.

Another problem with this is what if he had an application that required grade 8 hardware but received a lower grade? Imagine if that happened and that fastener failed while the vehicle was operating. Problems with assembling product components and shipping them aren't necessarily petty in my book.

Lastly, not that NAXJA doesn't have enough forums already, but I think it would be a great idea to add a vendor feedback area. Call it Kudos & Krapola. Then threads like this can exist in their proper place. Dirt Road magazine used to have something similar that was handy years ago, but has gone dormant. http://www.dirtroadmagazine.com/tne.htm

In minor defense for Rusty it is very hard to ship a product with multiple components and to do it error-free 100% of the time.

I have spent a few thousand on Jeep related purchases the last 7 months and have received product from a handful of vendors (Rusty's wasn't one of them). From three of those 6-7 vendors I had received screwed up shipments.

One vendor in particular stands out. They didn't send me all of what I ordered but sent me $200 more in parts I didn't (my order total was only $76).

I immediately contacted the vendor to let them know that they sent me the wrong and more expensive component and that my actual order was incomplete. In discussion on the phone I told the owner that it wasn't necessary to send the missing items because they were only worth $15 and I didn't have 4 days to wait for them to ship. We then made arrangements to send his items back, which took SIX different phone conversations.

Even though he was extremely grateful that I was honest and contacted them about their mistake and made arrangements to ship those items back, he didn't offer to credit my account the $15 for my missing goods. He insisted that he would send out the missing parts, even though it was too late to be used. Despite my mentioning what he said to himself and to two employees during three separate phone conversations they never did ship my parts.

Ultimately they lost a customer, which was bad for them because I spent $1500 with a second vendor that would have originally been spent with them. That was my second transaction with that particular vendor. The first transaction went smooth and everything shipped fine, but the fab parts were 3/16" when I was told everything was 1/4". Everything was well made, but a little thinner than I was comfortable for my application and ultimately repurchased the items from RuffStuff (who had took my order and delivered the fastest from any of the 7 I dealt with) in an appropriate thickness.

In retrospect the first order should have been enough to make me go elsewhere, but I had a whole project I was working on and had planned a number of purchases through them. Fortunately I learned a cheaper lesson. This is a large fab parts vendor along the lines of a Poison Spyder or BTF, but not them. Well thought of in general. Down the road I will undoubtedly give them another chance, but I will go in with my eyes open.

Getting back to Rusty's, it is possible that Rusty's is large enough that even though there seems to be numerous complaints regarding his service, that the actual screw-ups are a small percentage of his sales. It COULD be he is that large. And if that is the case he could stay in business for a long time due to his large, mostly satisfied customers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back