• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PCV/Crankcase Ventilation System..HELP

Fairmonco

NAXJA Forum User
Ok,on both my previous `87 4.0 and my current `88 4.0,the PCV/crankcase vent. systems were "rigged",so I have no clue what everything is supposed to look like.

I went on the hi-way today to go to my sister`s house,and had nothing but problems....previous owner has just a 1/2" tube coming out of the valve cover and straight into the air box.

It clogged my air filter,then started leaking heavily out of the airbox and all over everything else including the exhaust of course.

Can someone tell how everything is supposed to look so I can safely go on the hiway again with out loosing 2 quarts every 30 miles!!!!

Go to NAPA and get the complete system, I'm sure they have it now. It comes in 2 halves. The 2 halves meet just above the power steering pump, one half goes to the valve cover and vacuum "T" and the other goes to the air box, thermactor, and EGR valve/solonoid.

You may need to get the orfice tube(rear of the valve cover to vacuum "T" at the front of the intake)) seperately also.

I bought all of mine from the dealer for around $70.

Maybe someone will chime in on the NAPA part numbers to help you out.

Back