• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX15 Clutch probs

98POSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
98 XJ So now that I have replaced the slave and master cylinders my clutch is still not working. I think that the clutch fork may be loose or something though. The clutch is not fryed or anyting either. Has anybody had this problem? My clutch fork moves up and down about 2 inches both ways if I play with it through the slave cyl. hole. HELP!

Thanks,
Mark

yea... I have already had my tranny out. Im pulling it out tomorrow though. I bought my jeep with a bad trans. and put this one in about a year ago! Its lots of fun

Your fork may have come off the pivot ball on the side oppsite from the clutch cylinder. Does the fork move up and down?

Strike that last question. I reread your post.

Well I found out that my throwout bearing was trashed so I just bought a new clutch kit and figured id just do that while my tranny is out.

I feel your pain. Been there, done that, got the pictures to prove it. :D

yea... the sad part is that the one that I put in when I swapped trannys was new, and I have only put about 1000 miles on it since!

Back