• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering box- What will fit?

heyhar

NAXJA Forum User
My '92, 194k miles, stock height, everything else replaced, likes to have a vague wander to it. Alignment is fine, good street-type tires, tracks excellent on the Interstate. But, pitman shaft is wiggling sideways before rotating. I've adjusted the top bolt- anything past 1/16th turn, and it will start to bind. I believe it is a Saginaw, and the local boneyard is full of possible donors. Does anyone know what other vehicle's steering box will fit? I've gone the rebuilt route with my son's '95, and we are not happy with the result. $300 and just a different kind of bad. Thanks, Ray

I pulled one from bout an '01 Gran Cherokee and it works fine. Supposed to have a little less boost, which for me was a bonus, since I found the stock 89 box to be a bit too Caddilac like without any road feel.

Back