• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Springs or Spacers???

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to put a 2" bb on my 99 and im thinking of getting the 2" springs from rustys....Should I get the springs or the spacers??? Thanks

Mike

oh and Im also trying to find a 2" shackle but I am having no luck...Anyone know of a good 2" shackle???

I knew a guy in Co. who used Belltech Chevy 2" lowering shackles. He said they gave 2" of lift on the XJ. I think they were for the 73-87 yrs.

Speed_racer said:
Screw a 2" shackle.

Buy coils, btw. not spacers.

And if you want 2" out of the rear I suggest OME, a bastard pack, or an AAL. Stay away from any lift shackle higher than 1" IMHO.
Why?

And why? The shackle might induce spring wear a bit faster, but other then that is there any reason? I run both and have had no ill effects in doing so.

Im kinda in the same situation, I just got a set of 2" front coil spacer, and a pair of 3.5" front coil springs from a friend and im not sure if i should use the 3.5" spring with a leaf pack and put 32's under there or just go with the easier cheaper route and use the front spacer and in the rear buy a 2.5" add-aleaf. I think the cheaper way would be nice and I would put 31's under there. It'd prolly be for the best and keep a lower center of gravity, i dont plan on rolling over. If anyone wants the springs pm me.

rocky road makes a true 2" bb for about 100 bucks. the shakles are still only 1.5" but they are the beefiest i've seen by far and they come with a .5" slab of solid steel that distributes weight better than a leaf spring block. if you got the bb, some junk yard stock packs and a little time, you could toss in another stock spring and get some decent lift. one thing i found with longer shackles is that they tend to induce leaf spring flex so you may not get the advertised lift since the spring will flex/sag more under the same weight. an extra spring should take care of that and the ride wont be too harsh.:cool:

BBeach, if you want to run 32s and plan on flexing it at all, with 3.5", you'll rub if you're not trimmed/trimming/going to trim. I rub my 32s with 4.5", but the Long Arms I'll contribute to that issue.

Back