• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

f150 coils and dakota springs

rowicki

NAXJA Forum User
ok so correct me if im wrong, but i here that you can use f150 coils and dakota springs and get 4 inches. is this true? anyone tried it?
what years would work? just trying to get some ideas want to lift but i want to build it some how. i dont really have the bucks for a big lift so just trying to firgure out what i can to to get some inches for cheap......
appreciate and feedback.

rowicki said:
ok so correct me if im wrong, but i here that you can use f150 coils and dakota springs and get 4 inches. is this true? anyone tried it?
what years would work? just trying to get some ideas want to lift but i want to build it some how. i dont really have the bucks for a big lift so just trying to firgure out what i can to to get some inches for cheap......
appreciate and feedback.

I asked the same question a week ago and it definitely sounds feasible.
Search for Junkyard lift on this site. Also search for Bastard springs/ spring packs can't remember which but good write up on rears though.

Yeah, but if I remember right the F-150 & Dakota leafs are really stiff, so you're not going to get much flex and it will be a pretty rough ride.

I've already got the Dakota springs, and am going after f-150, or maybe e-150 coils in the next week or 2. I am aiming for 3.5-4.5 inches and will be mostly in the mud, so maximum flex is not an issue.

I'll keep ya'll updated on progress

Speed_racer said:
I have the f150 coils and an extra isolator.

Along with a dakota bastardpacked to my main xj leaf.

Flex > SUCKS
Ride > not bad at all

Do you know how much lift you ended up with?
Also did you have to install dropped pitman arm, SYE , ect..
Any info would help, I'd like to try to do this in one fell swoop.
Thanks

dakota leafs are flexy as you need. They work great and are actually pretty soft. It is the F150 coils that are stiff, I had a set and only got 2" of lift out of them as well.

early-mid 80s Ford F150 rears also make good leafs for swapping into XJ packs.

andy

Back