• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle seals, leak at the drum

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so the last couple weeks ive noticed that my jeep has developed a leak at the driverside drum (on the inside, axle tube side) in the rear d44, clearly gear lube as i dunno wtf else would be coming from there haha

so my question is, is this pretty much guaranteed to be a shot seal? i just had the seals done to the shafts and such when i regeared in february of this year, is it possible that this one has already become shot? or could there be some other explanation?

thanks all

Someone is playing a trick on you.

They're pouring small amounts of gear oil into your drum at night in the hopes that you come outside and believe your axle seal is shot...

...no. Replace the seal.

Vanquish said:

They're pouring small amounts of gear oil into your drum at night in the hopes that you come outside and believe your axle seal is shot...

...no. Replace the seal.

:roll:

Vanquish said:

...no. Replace the seal.

im gonna find that bastard!

Back