• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ECTED?

LilRhodyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've been searching around but haven't found any definitive answers.. How are the Auburn ECTED lockers for a D30? I live in Rhody so we do get snow and bad rains and my original idea of Detroits F/R was shot down because non-selectables are bad in the front!? So for about the same price I was considering ECTED in the front and Detoit in the rear? Anybody run this set up? if so how do you like it? even if you run something different for a rear locker but an ECTED in front please post your comments on it.

TIA
Andrew

Last edited:
maybe I can give a new insite on this. I havent had mine long but this is a limited-slip system until you lock it. I havent needed to lock it the only two times I have wheeled so far. I have been in nasty mud and climbed stright up mountains and every time both wheels dig and work great without electricly locking it. It opens nicly on the street because I never notice it and makes no noise. Maybe it would need to be locked it one of the tires was off the ground but until I climb more rocks I wont know. I will want another one if I ever change axles! I would do it again...

I'm a HUGE supporter of the Ected, but if you are looking for something for a snow and ice environment, I cannot suggest it for you. It's still a limited slip unlocked, and can still affect your cornering on an icy road, even in two wheel drive. You probably want a full selectable that is 'open' when unlocked.

Back