• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ox Locker Question

No, selectable lockers are for the birds.

I've heard that the old OX lockers had cable activation problems, but that has been cured with the newer generation ones.

Google OX locker problems, and you can find more specific information.

Haven't had any problems with mine...
haven't done anything hard core since it has been installed though, mainly driving around town and what not.

I've got one on my front HP44 and I have been very happy with it. Engages and disengages easily and I think in maybe 10 good wheeling trips out, I have adjusted it once.

I had it done when my gears were being installed.

Application
Part #
List Price

Dana 30 3.73 and up, 27 spline
OXD30C373H

Dana 30 3.73 and up, 30 spline
OXD30C373H-30

Dana 35 3.55 and up, 27 spline
OXD35C355H

Dana 35 3.55 and up, 30 spline
OXD35C355H-30

by this site is says you do for the d30, but if they are wrong, then awsome, I may have to order one soon.

it will last longer with a selectable than with an auto. Since I do drive mine to the trails and back. I agree, that an axle upgrade would be nice, but its not going to happen for a long time. So I need to make do. Of course I wouldn't mind an arb locker for the front, but they say the same thing as far as gears. If it will work with stock 3.55 gears is what I am concerned with. That goes for arb too.

KSXJ said:
it will last longer with a selectable than with an auto. Since I do drive mine to the trails and back. .

Huh? In 2wd it doesn't matter, now maybe less wear if you have hubs.

I guess I don't understand that. how can it not matter in 2wd if you have the front locked. I don't want chirping of the tires or the popping of the lockright

when there is a load on the front drive line (front lockrite), it locks and when there is no load it is free. Now, in 2wd, there is NO load going to the front diff or rotation of the drive line from the engine (in the front) and since there is no load, the locker "un locks" and allows the tires to spin at different speeds. now when there is a load you will deffinately notice the locker is in there (dont drive it on the street in 4wd with a lockrite or comparible locker), that is when the tires will start chirping. with the lockrite, i believe this is minimized since it has a ratcheting action in the turns (not 100% sure.

good to know, I guess I thought that the being under load mattered as far as letting the axles turn at different speeds. I have had friends ruin lockrites in the rear due to the racheting and gears wearing out. Would have thought the front would be the same.

thanks for the info

KSXJ said:
now that that is covered. Can you run an ox or arb with 3.55 geared D30?

I don't understand why you are so confused. What do you mean? Of course you can. Low break gears and OX. A 30 will handle some punishment. But IF you are going to buy a locker, get the size you will end up with and do your gears all at once. If you do not have the money for that, you do not have the money to do it twice.

ALL PLAY said:
Does anyone have any comments on the Ox Locker?

I did a search but up empty handed...

Thanks

There is lots of info on OX on this site. Search "ox locker" with the quotes. Look at the search sticky to see how to search for things less than 3 characters. I will find my post and link it. Wait one......

Powerman said:
I don't understand why you are so confused. What do you mean? Of course you can. Low break gears and OX. A 30 will handle some punishment. But IF you are going to buy a locker, get the size you will end up with and do your gears all at once. If you do not have the money for that, you do not have the money to do it twice.

I dont understand why YOU are so cunfused. You can not run an OX in a D30 with 3.55 gears. OX is only for 3.73s and lower (numerically higher).

Back