• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bastard Pack Questions

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
I'm building my leafs for 3.5-4" of lift and have a few Q's:

What year S-10s are 2.5" wide?
If would my XJ main leaf + S-10 main + S-10 second leaf + shackle flex better than just building the leaf to 3.5-4" using 5 (or so) leafs?
Is there a better combination of leafs & shackles to get my desired lift?
Should I build it with shims, or wait to see if I have any vibs? (its a 97 w/231)

Thanks!

With 3.5" to 4" of lift, I'd plan on an SYE. I just lifted my '99 by 3" in rear using a leaf from a Dodge Ram ('99 offroad 1500). I had vibes at 35mph, so I shimmed to correct my angles. That pulled the slip yoke out too far and made the vibes much worse. I didn't want to drop the tcase, so I went with an SYE. I know some people get away with just shims, but I don't see how - the slip yoke just isn't long enough.

I used a TJ yoke on a 94 XJ I had lifted 4.5 inches. The stock yoke had pulled off and I had to get somthing to get me back on the road. I found a TJ with a rear drive shaft still in it and pulled it from the JY, the yoke was a bit too long so I took an air cutting wheel and trimmed it just right. It fits great(on the tcase it was for) and I never had another prob with it. JOE>

But what about the years? I've got a line on some leafs from a 2003 S10, would that work?

Back