• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trimming Question and yes I searched!!

AZRockRunner

Nobody
OK, I am trimming my front fenders and I came to the inner part at the bottom of the wheel well and there is a screw that holds the fender in.
Now, I know that most people bend in the " SEAM " that runs along the inner fender that meets up with this area.
My question is this??????????????
Can I remove this screw, cut this part off and relocate the screw farther back to secure the fender without any ill effects?

I noticed that this " SEAM " is pinch welded along it, so thats probably why it gets beaten in instead of cut off. I would only need to cut a couple slits in it to get it beaten flat which would leave the welds in tact.

I am needing to do this becouse I dont want to limit my turning any more, and I need the room to stuff those 33 x 12.50 R 15's with my measly 4.5" lift.
I would post a pics, but cant figure out how to do that.

Thanks in advance.

like this ? i moved the screw back ! seems secure i can get a better pic if you need it !

donnovanbday11015.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to see a close up on yours. Although I think I can see what you did. Here is a bmp of mine to let you know what I am thinking about doing.
#1 is the bolt I want to remove and cut that portion out to allow the tire to flex at full crank.
#2 is the lip I will need to beat and bend in with a BFH!!!!! I think.

InnerFenderTrim.jpg

thats EXACTLY what I was looking to do. Thanks a million for the pics. I will do that trim tonight.

well here is the finished product. I like it and it fully stuffs those 33's with room to spare...
DSCN1185.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN1184.jpg
[/IMG]

OOOOOPS!!!! Lets try that AGAIN!!!!!

DSCN1184.jpg

DSCN1185.jpg

For future reference, you dont need to cut and then fold.
A friend of mine just hammered it over and it worked the same.
That being said, I did the same thing that you did. Looks like you get get it a bit farther up if you really want. Try getting a bigger hammer and go to town.

Starboard M said:
Looks like you get get it a bit farther up if you really want. Try getting a bigger hammer and go to town.

x2. with enough work and sore arms, it will lay completely flat if you want it to.

Back