• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

few brake line questions

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well im running about 5.5 inches of lift, and in 3 days will have 35s. front flexes very well...rear is ok, and im thinking revolvers eventually(dont need anybodys opinions on them..thanks)

but my rear e-brake lines, are like guitar strings, and i want to replace my normal brakelines also.

for the time being, since theyre definately limiting flex (and in neutral doesn't even work) would it be ok to just completely take e-brake lines off?? untill i can get yj passenger lines

also anybody have a good suggestion for front and rear brake lines??..thanks

For my front brake lines on my 89 I used some off the front off a 2WD 85 Chevy, they go on the caliper and the hard line perfect. I just had to find a way to keep them secure to the body so i zip tied em. Works great and their alot cheaper than SS ones.

Well i dunno about the E-brake thing, but just leave that bitch in gear it wont go anywhere hopefully...:doh: But try some steel braided lines from Rubicon Express. They work fine on mine and I have 6.5 lift in the rear.:cheers:

for the rear brake line i used part #77825(from autozone) fom a doge dokota with a chrysler 8.25.(forgot who gave me the info but thanks ) works great with 6" of lift hope this helps.

Muddy89XJ said:
For my front brake lines on my 89 I used some off the front off a 2WD 85 Chevy, they go on the caliper and the hard line perfect. I just had to find a way to keep them secure to the body so i zip tied em. Works great and their alot cheaper than SS ones.

was it the 1/2 or 3/4 ton?

for the brake lines i used the popular 95 yj lines for the front and the 96 Dodge Dakota 4x4 rear line. even though i am only at 4.5", it should be enough for someone even at 6". once you get your yj pass(2) lines for your e brake you should be good.

however i think you still may be lacking in one area- the axle vent tube. its the rubber line that runs from the axle (on 8.25 and 35's its the line that is at the top of the axle end of the brake soft line where it meets with the hard line on the axle and on 44's its on the axle tube itself). many people my self included have over looked this. just take the hose in with you to an auto parts store and get one of the same diamiter but how ever long you want. you could run it longer back to the stock location or remount it up higher.

hth
stewie

Back