• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full sunroof in JP Mag

CartsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, whos got the yellow XJ with the roll-back top with the inner cage. Definately a sweet setup and would like more info.

Any pics? Nothing on there site.

I have a 39"x59" insert, slide back I have yet to install, might be able to
help you locate the vendor if you have intrest.
Beware, a full cage is required as well.

I was actually already planning to do this with a custom made tarp. The one in JP looks like a Truck bed tonneau cover (I'm thinking maybe a Ranger flareside?) and is most definatly a better way to go.
Thoughts?

rocklandxjer said:
Do you have a roll cage yet?

Well I have the tubing, bender and welder, but no time. I was really thinking about doing a bolt-on halo to protect the rain catcher seams, but I could see this getting in the way. Though this does bring the bling factor.

it also brings a potentially fatal pressure fault to the top center and bottom center of the rig. without a roll cage, this would be very dangerous to drive around town. it just wouldnt be structurally sound.

rocklandxjer said:
it also brings a potentially fatal pressure fault to the top center and bottom center of the rig. without a roll cage, this would be very dangerous to drive around town. it just wouldnt be structurally sound.

I don't think you could even think about pulling this mod off without major, I mean major frame reinforcement or a full cage.

actually, my first statement was directed toward bigdaddyjlove.

Yea, id actually like to talk with whoever made that jeep, id like to see what kind of reinforcement he/they put into it.

bigdaddyjlove said:
The one in JP looks like a Truck bed tonneau cover (I'm thinking maybe a Ranger flareside?)
It from a Toyota truck, they talk about it in the other thread.

Okay well thats similiar, mine slides back like the old VW soft tops.

You can purchase any size you like custom, go to www.streetbeatcustoms.com ,
click their rag tops section - pick & choose from whats there.

They're pre-engineered drop in, steel frame units, made to size, made to
order.
The bad news is I had a 15 week wait.

I already run our frame stiffiners, so thats not an issue, but I feel a full cage
will also be required, no if's, and's or buts.

rocklandxjer said:
actually, my first statement was directed toward bigdaddyjlove.

Yea, id actually like to talk with whoever made that jeep, id like to see what kind of reinforcement he/they put into it.

No full cage yet, but I will be putting support across the top (hoops from the floor, welded to the stock body and through the floor to the "frame")of the A, B, and C, pillars, plus a reinforcing ring around the inside of the new sunroof, and full length frame stiffeners.

A cage will come later.

Thoughts?

Wow, someone finally has made this, or has a kit? I had an idea similar to back in 96'. I wanted to make it like that but only over the driver and passenger....like a suicide roof. To much money to do it and very hard to keep the structural integrity.....due to weakening front A pillars.

i dont know... seems a bitt too much for not having a full cage. if your going to have the braces in and all that anyway, just save up a couple of extra coins and go for a full cage. that way you know its safe.

its possible i guess, but i wouldnt trust it.

You call that a sunroof???
Here's a sunroof: :laugh3:

xjconvertible.jpg

Back