• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE intall problems and questions.

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
So yesterday afternoon I was wrapping up my SYE install (Omix-Ada from www.4wheelerssupply.com). I decided to shift through the gears to check it out. I had not installed the front driveshaft or any of the shift linkages yet. Running through the gears I noticed that in 2 HI the front yoke would not “unlock”/staying in 4 hi or low not sure. Also, I lost my dash part time light. Stupid question; does the lack of front drive shaft have anything to do with it not shifting out of 4WD? Did I cut too much off (1") the shift rail and this is what is causing the VAC switch not to turn of my dash light? Just thought I’d see if anyone had any ideas before I open her back up? Does anybody have any good diagrams of this case or is it in the FSM? Thanks in advance blaise

1990 4.0 auto np 231

On the dash light - did you remember to reconnect the electrical connector near the top of the t-case?

did you measure before you cut down that little shaft??? i've installed 3 SYE so far, and haven't had to cut any of them. so there is a small possibility that you cut it to short.

just a thought.

Back