• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" lift.......

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I am in need of tires VERY BADLY. I plan on putting an RE 3.5" lift on in a month or two so I dont want to have to buy tires twice. Do you guys think that if I put on some shackles and a spacer I would have enough room to squeeze some 31x10.5x15's in there? I will put off wheeling for the time being if I have to just to get those tires in there..Thanks

Mike

My leafs have sagged so much that i have only about an inch and a quarterof lift and im runnign 31s there fine going down the street but once you flex at all you bottom out on them. even if i go over a speed bump at the right angle. (new leafs going in next week?)

I ran 31's on my XJ at stock height for 2 months while saving the green for my lift for the same reason. It rubbed when cornering, and the rear rubbed over bumps, but it was doable. My XJ isn't a daily driver however.

it depends on the year of your XJ, pre 97 have larger wheel wells. I had a spacer/shackle BB on my 01 and could not put weight and people in the back w/o rubbing on bumps just going down the road. My buddy has a 96 and ran 31's stock for a few weeks until the lift was put on.

Back