• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damaged axel vent tube

Jump This

Just another minion!
After I installed a 44 in the rear I noticed that the nipple for the breather line was broken off at the axel tube. I should have checked this out before installing the axel.
In order to prevent from tearing down the axel to remove the vent and replace it (it appears as though its threaded from the inside?) I was wondering if anyone else has broken off the breather and what did they do to replace it?
I'm thinking just capping off the existing and drilling and tapping a new breather in its place....any suggestions?
Rick R:flame:

I got lucky and found a copper tube that fit in, and then just put the hose on that.

IIRC,its just plastic,.I capped mine and drilled out the brake line bolt hole to fit the hollow bolt used on the later axles(8.25).But mine was out to re-gear at the time.
Wayne

mine was just plastic too, a two piece deal IIRC. i just RTV'd the piece back on to make it airtight and attached a long breather line to it

i think drilling a new hole would introduce damaging metal shavings into your fluid

It should pop right out,If only the top where the vent hose connects is broken off.Just replace with another one.
Wayne

Back