• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axel strenght and tire size.

:) Safe bet would be a Dana 60 or 14-bolt
:( Bad bet would be on a Dana 35

You're somewhere in the middle - if it ain't broke, run it for now and save the $$ for another axle. Just don't expect it to live long, and I wouldn't put much, if any, money into upgrading it....

Run it until it breaks, go to the junkyard & get some spare shafts for backup. When it breaks get a D44 & call it a day. I ran 35's on 30/44 for years with no breakage of the 30 and everyone said it was impossible. Welded, hub conversion, etc. etc. It held up fine. Some people have a lighter foot & can 'feel' when they're exceeding the break point.

I run 35s on an 8.25 no problems but I also dont do 4.0 trails its all about how hard you push the go pedal.

Oh I forgot to mention I wheel with a guy who has a cherokee and runs 35s on a 35 and he has never broken an axle shaft and he is harder on it then I am.

Back