• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crazy alignment problems

wvredxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, thought it was the uppercontrol arm mounts and bushings, so i bought the tnt truss, put it on, ever thing is tight.

When i back up my camber goes negative, its not the tires either. I have pushed and pulled on everything, no movement. Balljoints seem fine, and the hub bearings seem tight. i have put a breaker bar in every spot looking for loose parts. When i pull back forward, the camber goes back to postive/normal. The jeep has clayton la's, and 35's. Any ideas? Bad caster maybe, thanks for the help.

camber is the tilt of your wheel leaning in or out caster is the "rake" of your wheel

how are you measuring this?

check you wheel berrings
it sounds to me your not very clear on how the front end works id either do tons of research or take it to a pro befor someone gets hurt

reliablestv said:
camber is the tilt of your wheel leaning in or out caster is the "rake" of your wheel

how are you measuring this?

check you wheel berrings
it sounds to me your not very clear on how the front end works id either do tons of research or take it to a pro befor someone gets hurt

rofl, i know this!

i know what camber/caster/toe all mean, my tires are going negative (top of the tire is leaning in) when i back up, and when i pull forward my camber goes postive/normal(straight up and down)

before someone gets hurt? come on now.........

so people are clear, i bought the truss simply because my passanger uca mount broke, and would not hold the bushing like it should....

not sure what the caster setting is at the moment, but my balljoints are straight up and down, it will be getting an alignment soon, just need to get this camber problem fixed first.

wvredxj said:
so people are clear, i bought the truss simply because my passanger uca mount broke, and would not hold the bushing like it should....

not sure what the caster setting is at the moment, but my balljoints are straight up and down, it will be getting an alignment soon, just need to get this camber problem fixed first.

pics???

i will get some pics tommorow

pulled the hubs, they are TIGHT, can budge them, so are the balljoints......could it be bad caster?

What is tight on the hubs, just the bolts that hold them? Have you jacked the tyre off the ground and grabbed it top and bottom and push and pulled in opposite directions to check for any play? Can only be that all the upper and lower ball joints that can change your camber apart from the axle housing being broken.
The ball joints should also not be up and down but the top tilted back 5-7 degrees. See my site on how to measure that. www.go.jeep-xj.info

Back