• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheapest place to find tires

www.4wd.com has decent prices, and they have a free shipping sale til the end of June if you spend over $300, which is easy to do with tires.. 35x12.5 BFG MT KM's are $179, and free shipping after $300. Their site is difficult to navigate, so just put BFG in the search box.

XJING said:
Just got a set of BFG'S from www.samsclub.com (Wally world) they are the cheapest that I could find. Good Luck

x2 -- I searched and searched. Sams has the lowest price I could find in my area. I had to decide what to buy, with not having bought tires for a beast like mine before. I was torn between the BFGs and the Dunlops. I picked up the Dunlop M/Ts for a buck ten apiece. I am looking forward to my upsize and BFGs next time around.

-R

RockyCodeHead said:
x2 -- I searched and searched. Sams has the lowest price I could find in my area. I had to decide what to buy, with not having bought tires for a beast like mine before. I was torn between the BFGs and the Dunlops. I picked up the Dunlop M/Ts for a buck ten apiece. I am looking forward to my upsize and BFGs next time around.

-R

x3. I just got 31x10.5 BFG TA K/Os for $130 a pop (installed, road hazard, etc).

I bought a set of Swamper TSL Radials from www.ntwonline.com 3 years ago. I did get everything as pomised from them including a couple lefthand threaded lug nuts that required a trip to to auto parts store to replace. Everything was reasonably priced.

Two wheeling trips later (Windrock, TN) I have two Swampers with large bubbles formed in the sidewall. I took some pictures and contacted them as it seemed coincedental that I would get two bubbled sidewalls in the same trip and told them the problem and offered to e-mail the photos. The return person told me that wouldn't be necessary and to ship them back.

So I did and $65 later I have a different warranty guy more or less telling me that there's no way Interco will warranty the damage and I am SOL. They didn't even send the tires to Interco. I just paid someone $65 to tell me I am a dipsh1t.

So since then I have been buying local from Discount Tire and paying for their road hazzard package. Fortunately I haven't had any other issues with either the Swampers or my DD tires.

Be advised that DT shop managers get to set thier own prices. Thus you will get different quotes at different shops. They are trying to milk you for as much as possible. Check out thier mail-order for better prices, the local shop will mount and warrant them same as purchase local.

Thier warranty is crapo since they force you to buy replacement tires prematurely early. If you try to get a flat fix they try very hard to deny it due to location of puncture, mysterious damage, or way-to-soon tread depth. Hey, I'm all for being careful, but they go a little overboard to force you into buying new tires.

If you have an Orschelins nearby they have a buy 3 get 1 free deal on tires. They don't carry BFG, but a widetrack baja M/T that's just as aggressive.

I bought some TrXus MT's at the local 4 wheel parts store. Decent price, nice tires and they stand by their warranty. I had a puncture close to the sidewall and they replaced it for free (I had to pay around $30 for mounting and balancing).

My suggestion on buying tires......

Find a place like Merchants or Sears that can order the tire for you and a place that you like to go to. If you have another car or truck and take that to the same shop. Find the lowest price for that tire and go to your perfered place and have them match the price. Then pay for a service with them. Places like Merchant's make their money on the items like lifetime allignments and oil changes.

I just recently got 5 BFG Mudders 35 x12.50's for $129 each. I found a Sam's club that would get them for $135 each. Went to the Manager at Merchants and said beat that price and he did. Build a history with a place and they will want to keep your business, usually.....

I thought I found a good deal at OK4WD.com at $168 for a 35x12.50R15 KM. $129 or even $135 is fantastic.

Vince said:
I thought I found a good deal at OK4WD.com at $168 for a 35x12.50R15 KM. $129 or even $135 is fantastic.
Yep ....then they jam it in you on shipping.

I thought of buying some emu springs from them because of the price then i found out they wanted like 40 dollars to shippem.
F-That.

www.4wd.com will meet and beat any price. Just provide them with the site you have a low price from. Plus as mentioned in earlier post, free shipping over 300 bucks.

Back