• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine and Suspension

idahoduk

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2 door 91 XJ. I have 180,000 on my 4.0L and AX15. It runs good but I want to do a first time engine build and I might as well build on for my XJ. I'm thinking of getting a block and head from a junk yard or finding one already dissembled. I've considered using the engine I have now for my build but then it would have more down time and I want a spare so eventually I can build a 4.7L stroker and not give my hard earned money to hesco (I'm not bashing, they do have great products). I'm looking for a book that can walk me through the build up process, something specific to the 4.0L engine. It's just an engine afterall.

I currently have a 2 inch lift on my XJ (30x9.50) that was on there when I got it. I eventually want 33x10.50 BFG. I want to trim out my wheel wells and install some Bushwackers (or anouther brand) for more clearance. I was interested in Rubicon Express 5.5inch lift. To fit these tires after trimming what would be some options. Thats the wife time to get to bed. Thanks

idahoduk

idahoduk said:
I'm looking for a book that can walk me through the build up process, something specific to the 4.0L engine. It's just an engine afterall.
I think you'd be interested in 5-90's Jeep I6 Power Manual.

idahoduk said:
I currently have a 2 inch lift on my XJ (30x9.50) that was on there when I got it. I eventually want 33x10.50 BFG. I want to trim out my wheel wells and install some Bushwackers (or anouther brand) for more clearance. I was interested in Rubicon Express 5.5inch lift. To fit these tires after trimming what would be some options.
If you're willing to trim your fenders, 5.5 inches is probably too tall for 33s. I'd suggest a lift of about 4-4.5 inches and trimmed fenders.

Welcome to the NAXJA forums!

Back