• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I make coil spacers?

Yes you can.IIRC madxj .com or gojeep has a write -up on their site.
i made some out of 3" black pipe and some 1/4" plate,or you could use a thick washer of the correct size.
Wayne

my neighbor made four 1 3/4" spacers for his TJ out of Delrin. Anybody handy with a lathe could make those.

i made mine out of some poly (hint, white plastic cutting board from walmart), i used some from a 1" sheet i had though.

and just punched out some rings w/ the holesaws (remember to do the bigger one first!!

I've made several sets. I used a deleron or nylon plastic. You can pick it up at any machine shop and have them bore it out to the outside diameter of the bumpstop!! I like the plastic more because its easier to work with and will not make any noise!!

The easiest way Ive found is to buy a couple of 2.5lb olympic weights and trim off one side to clear the inner fender. the hole in the middle is exactly the same size as the bump stop so just slide a couple on that and reinstall your springs. I gained about 2 inches with 3 of these plates on each side. Its alittle heavy but with a total cost of $9.76 I can't complain.

Back