• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help quick please, UCA bushing!

Powerman

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get this done before work. My UCA bushing was loose and rattling. Got a new one. The old came right out. The new one is still loose. You can see how the old one was worn, but obviously the housing is worn too. Thought about packing it with steel stick. What can I do so it won't rattle? Thanks

OK, well it's not the end of the world. I just bolted it up and I'll see if it rattles. I got to go to work. I would still appriciate any sugestions. If it does make noise, I would like to do something about it. I suppose I could tack weld it. That souldn't be hard to reverse. Throw some water on it so it doesn't burn the rubber. Any ideas? Thanks

Are you talking about the axle end or the CA's??

These are RE adjustables, but I had the problem with the stockones too. It has just got bad enough for me to do something. This is the bushing on the pass side axle end. I drove to work and it still rattles. Not nearly as bad, but still annoying. I need to do something.

Had the same problem,heres the fix!
http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=FAB_974_975&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=FABParts
fh000010.jpg

RCP Phx said:

Wow, you are the bomb! I don't weld, but that isn't that difficult. I'm sure I could get someone to do it. So do you have to open up/ream out the housing, or do they just slide into the space and you weld them up? Do you know what I mean. I will be putting in a 44 up front in a year or so, but do not want to be rattling around until that happens. Good fix and cheap too. That is rare!

Do you think just tack welding the bushings would work? Thanks

I tried welding the bushings,it didnt last.I just cut the JKS sleeve till it fit between the factory ears and welded around the inside.

RCP Phx said:
I tried welding the bushings,it didnt last.I just cut the JKS sleeve till it fit between the factory ears and welded around the inside.

I was wondering if it would last. The rest makes sense to me. thanks for the help.

Back