• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar upgrades

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a black diamond track bar which uses a heim at the unibody end. Even with a brand new joint the thing clunks all the time (yes everything is REALLY tight) I am going to make a new bracket like Kevins/TnT/RE's and would like some opinion on which joint to use. The bar is threaded inside and it's .75" rt hand thread. Thanks. BTW I've read where people say "Heims are for race cars" and I'm beginning to agree.

Interesting; I just put in a BD trackbar and hear no clunks.

Were the bushings on the other end tight in the sleeves? I have seen some bushing/sleeve combinations that actually were loose brand new....We use a bushing that you pretty much have to WANT to put in the sleeve, most of the time we use a vise to put them in....

It's definitely on the heim end. It didn't do it at all before I put this trackbar in and I know everything is tight. If I can get a decent joint I'll just upgrade it. Then again maybe a hd TRE until I start doing other mods.

Back