• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Passenger Power window, searched, fixed, still problem

StylerG

NAXJA Forum User
my brother's 97 passenger window wont go up or down, with any controls. Through your help he replaced the drivers side switch, still didnt fix the problem. All windows work correctly except passenger side. Passenger side rolls down, have to jump it to roll it back up. Swapped the switch from my 2000 in there, no help. What is the next step here...when i searched everyone had the problem that it worked from the drivers side, and not the passenger, but his works from no where, thanks

Looks like it's time to troubleshoot the wiring. Get your multimeter out and check for power to the switch and continuity to ground. Look for broken wires. A common place where this occurs is inside the rubber boot near the hinges. Check the connectors for dirty, burnt or bad pins. Get after it boy, it ain't gonna get fixed while you're sitting in front of the computer.

Back