• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Jeep is running fine and I have no issues, HELP ME!!

Mopar500

NAXJA Forum User
When trouble doesn't find me, I go looking.:dunce:

In looking for my current XJ, I drove many different year models, I ended up with a nice 92 but in my search I drove a 96 that had a great kick off the line. I coundn't stop smiling while driving the 96, but the price wasn't right.
Overall, I can't complain about my 92, but it doesn't have that kick down low. I am assuming it is due to the cam and related ecm chages that took place in 1996.
I suppose the only way to get that kick is to do a swap.
I haven't seen any discussion on this topic so I am wondering if I am hallucinating about the difference or if it's just not worth the effort, or what?

Whatdoyathink?:dunno:

i think if you wanna work on a jeep that bad you should come to dallas!

I had a 94 and now an 01..kinda....i honestly didn't notice a difference. But its been 5 years since I had the 94

Mopar500 said:
When trouble doesn't find me, I go looking.:dunce:

In looking for my current XJ, I drove many different year models, I ended up with a nice 92 but in my search I drove a 96 that had a great kick off the line. I coundn't stop smiling while driving the 96, but the price wasn't right.
Overall, I can't complain about my 92, but it doesn't have that kick down low. I am assuming it is due to the cam and related ecm chages that took place in 1996.
I suppose the only way to get that kick is to do a swap.
I haven't seen any discussion on this topic so I am wondering if I am hallucinating about the difference or if it's just not worth the effort, or what?

Whatdoyathink?:dunno:
Likely just the difference between the Non-HO and the HO engines.
Performance inprovement info is in MOD or Street Performance. Search through the posts there for performance upgrades.

Your 92 is a 2.5l and the 96 was a 4.0l?
If they were both 4.0l then it could have been the 96 had the factory tow package with lower gears.
If everything was the same there should not be a noticable differance.

Back