• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ax-15 not centered to block.

gcompomizzo

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 XJ, with an Ax-15, Every time I put a new clutch un, after a week, the cluth disk assembly breaks apart, I've heard of the input shaft not being exactly centered to the crank and that chrysler might make on off-set allignment pin to fix the problem.

never heard of that......i have a ax15 and replaced the clutch...nothing un-usual there.

hopefully somebody can come up with an answer, otherwise i can call my friends at the dealership tomorrow and ask.

How can the transmission be miss-aligned. The pilot bearing in the crank keeps the shaft aligned with it. If, the holes in the housing were off you would never get it bolted up. It sounds more like a warped flywheel, bad pilot bearing or clutch plate put in backwards. Also, are you replacing the clutch with a complete kit or just replacing the clutch plate/disk. Give us a little more info here and we'll try to help.:peace:

If this is the stock equipment, it worked fine from 1993 until you had to replace it the first time. You do not need a bandage, you need to replace what is warped, cracked or missing. Like Midnight Krawler said, make sure you are replacing all of the clutch system components.
Where are you buying you parts? (Hopefully not ebay)
Take pictures and post them.

besides, isn't it almost impossible to line it up "crooked" the tranny needs to be lined up on dowel pins when you bolt it up to the engine, and then as mentioned above, the shaft has to go into the pilot bearing and will be centered.

hey........could it be possible for the bearing to missing or have been pushed in to far??? what would happen if the shaft was just floating cuz the pilot bearing was missing???

Back