• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The great readywelderII

jdogg4

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I went out to moab a few weeks ago and a buddie let us take his readywelder with him. We never ended up having to use it so thats a good thing. I got to looking at it and noticed it had a gas line hookup. I went to the webpage to read more into it.
http://www.readywelder.com/home.htm

Now for the 380 to 425 price range of these units they seam to be a great all around trail package. Then I got reading about the gas option running on it aswell as if you have a 220 mig or arc setup you can run them on that aswel. here is my question has anyone done that. From the specs of this welder and for the price I could just get some of those large winch type power plug connections the standard red ones you see on rigs for power to the front or back. Put those on the ends of my lincon ac/dc 220 arcbox and then the gun and be able to control the power to it for welding at home. Then when hitting the trails just toss it in that and go? I did a search on another forum and this one and found some talk about the RWII but nothing ever pointed at this setup and if they had used it like that?

well all ready welders come with the quick disconnects .they are just slightly differnt then those found on a Warn multi mount.they can be cut to work its only a quick cut in on place to make them work with the Warn plugs.when i ordered my Multi mount kit i ordered a few extra disco's.i then got some thick cables and added the discos to each end making them into 20' long extension cords.since i have the multi mount i already had connectors on each end of the jeep.i added a second battery in the rear hatch area.with in a few seconds they can be swapped to the 24 volts required to run the welder and i can plug in either the front or rear of the truck. now as to whether i have used it with a arch welder at home no i haven't .in order to do so you need to order the one with the 110 to 24 volt converter to run the wire feed motor.you can also order the converter seperate if you like.

the 1000 adp is the best model for both home use and offroad use.it also has stitch mode for doing thin metal which the others don't have.with the others you have to adjust heat by using different batteries to make the voltage anywhere from 18v to 36v to get the proper heat for the thickness of the metal.

Ok that must new cause the unit I had the guy just got and it didn't come with those connections. It just had the cable ends for the battery jumps. I have a spool of welding cable at the house so thats not going to be a problem to make more up or longer.

well than that might the way I need to go. is with that 1000adp and for the price it I can't see much beating it looking at the chart of other spool guns.
It was a bit bigger and might be hard to get into tighter spots but most of the stuff I do now is bumpers rockers so that shouldn't be a problem maybe on the trail broke down getting into a tight spot might suck but not too bad.
now I just have a stinker, rod and extra cables to run it. I have yet to have to use it on the trail but I know the time will come and I'll need it.

thanks for the imput.

they have come with those connects for atleast 2 years now.i use mine all the time .it can be a pain to get into some areas but it works and works good.i have yet to have anybody complain when i fixed their junk on the trail.also when on the trail you will have to use Flux core wire unless you want to carry a bottle along with as well.plus the flux core works better on dirty metal.while at home you could switch to solid wire and the tank.

it will come with the large alligator clips with the quick connect ends.i took the wires and flipped them since you wire the welder reverse.but since i flipped the wire then can be plugged in and used for jumper connections with no confusion.when wiring up the welderwith then you just have to remember you flipped them plus the welder tells you with an indicator light that you are wired correctly

Well this guys kit might be older than we thought. He just got it but it was used well not used used but from someother guy that didn't need it.

Thanks for the info. For the most part like before all 2x2 and flat stuff for rockers and bumpers along with tire carriers, so not many tight spots to worry about really at this point.

Back