• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

235/75's with Canyon 8.5'' wheels?

Mon Solo

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a stock '01 and I want to run 235/75's since I've heard that was a very nice tire to use if not using a lift kit, which I don't want to do right now. However, I have a sweet set of 8-1/2'' wide Canyon rims off a Wrangler that I'm dying to put on! Would you guys run 235/75's with an 8-1/2'' rim? Would you run this particular rim on a stock Cherokee? Please tell me "yes"!!!:thumbup:

Update:

Actually, I think these rims are only 8'' wide... crap... I'm at work and can't check. OK, does anybody know if the Canyon rim off a Wrangler is 8'' or 8-1/2''??? Thanks for the help... :confused1

Well, considering I just put a set of canyons and 30x9.50's on my daughters TJ this past week I see no issues with LT235's, there is only a 1/2" difference.

Thanks for the reply! Actually, after I posted I read a few other related past posts and I think the answer to this question is "yes" on both accounts. I'm going to go ahead and give it a try and see how they look and drive. :)

They are 8" and I ran 30 s with no problem so you should be fine with the 235s. I think all Cherokees should have come stock with the canyons.

Here is a pic of 30" on Canyons, 31" fit real nice! I'm going to 31's next!

generalpurpose30aw.jpg

Back