• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cat

92jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I have a 92 xj with the 4.0 and whoever had the Jeep before me cut out the cat. I was wondering if anyone has a spare one lying around anywhere. It is not to make the Jeep emissions legal. I live in FL so no rules to that. I just need to look like I have one. I don't mind if it is old and HOLLOW (hint hint) I plan on cutting my muffler off and running a straight pipe from the cat. Just let me know please. Thanks
Tylor

JMHO....call me a butt head if you want but....gonna say it anyway,

Replace the cat, your engine will run better with it, and the enviroment will thank you.

Sorry, I know you just wanted a cat, not advice, but there it is.

Rev

Besides, it's a Federal offense to sell a used cat. Anyone who sells it to you could potentially face a huge fine.

You can buy a universal fit for $50 and a direct fit for $80 -- why screw around with used junk and trying to fake it?

Sorry guys. I didn't know it is illegal to sell used. I will just go buy a free flow cat then. Thanks for the advice and about the potential legal situation.
Tylor

Back