• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need answers quick on headers/intake

BBeach

NAXJA Forum User
Will a 99+ Banks Header P/N 51306 fit on a 1998 Jeep Cherokee same engine and all??? I need to know soon because the offer is almost up for me. Also, does this look like a good deal? ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-4-0L-2000-HO-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-60MM-TB-and-INJECTORS_W0QQitemZ8069975307QQcategoryZ33617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem )

I figured if i did the headers mines well do the newer manifold as well. Any comments or ideas as far as power gains or issues with this setup would be appreciated. I've heard that some of the ports dont line up, but i may consider porting head while everything is off. Depending on how difficult it is.

Alrite, i called the banks technical dept and the guy told me that there is a dual opening for the 99+ headers?? If this is true, then would it be possible for me to buy a 2000 or so downpipe or is there a precat or an o2 sensor location change? And would that bolt up right to the cat like the 98 pipe does? Help would be appreciated.

Was there even a HO in 2000. It looks just like my 2001. Did a google no HO after 97 I would not hold you breath that TB is oversize too?

Back