• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle setup question

Roads

NAXJA Forum User
Found a 8.25 with 4.56's and auburn limited slip from a friend for $250!!! My rig is a DD. I will be locking and regearing the dana 30 when I do the rear axle swap. I would like to put another auburn up front as this is a DD. Anyone run a limited slips front and rear? How well would this setup work? My other option would be the powertrax no-slip.

Go with the Auburn Ected.
its both a clutch limited slip that will engage and lock up like a spool.

What I'm trying get at is this. What are the pros and cons of the auburn limited slip compared to the powertrax no-slip or lock-right?

No the Detroit Electrac is not a good unit. besides. its not even available for the D30... hello?
the pros and cons... in 2wd both are pretty much invisible on the street. if your going to run a LS then the best one is the truetrac. the lockright, ez locker, quicklock, aussie locker are probably the noisiest units available. there is some noise/ratcheting on the street when turning even in 2wd. the no-slip is an awsome unit but the springs can go bad after so long.
If you want a LS then the truetrac is the way to go. if you want a locker then the Detroit is the way to go. if you want the best of both worlds then the ECted is the way to go being a LS and a locking and its cheaper than the ARB. up in Portland, i'd probably run a detroit personally and learn to drive it in adverse conditions. or else I'd go with a TT. If I had the $$$ i'ld run the Ected.

Back