• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hard hit -- steering off

97babyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i hit a rock/ditch in a mud hole and my steering is off pretty bad. the wheel itself is off a solid 1/4 of a turn to the right. i have the currie hd steering setup and it is all striaght as an arrow still. the axle seems to be centered front to back on both sides evenly. the toe-in/out is clearly out of wack, im no alignment expert but there is a visible toe-out. any help or opinions would be great!!

uhhhh....
get a tape measure, adjust the toe and then center the wheel -- it's pretty easy to DIY
see gojeep's site if you need explicit instructions
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info

97babyXJ said:
i hit a rock/ditch in a mud hole and my steering is off pretty bad. the wheel itself is off a solid 1/4 of a turn to the right. i have the currie hd steering setup and it is all striaght as an arrow still. the axle seems to be centered front to back on both sides evenly. the toe-in/out is clearly out of wack, im no alignment expert but there is a visible toe-out. any help or opinions would be great!!

If your tierod or draglink arent bent, I would say you stripped out the threads on your tierod or draglink.

Back