• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bigger tires

Jeremyvnc

NAXJA Forum User
I just have a general question about my 94 xj sport. How big of tires can i go before i get into body damage. I have no lift. I was wanting some 31's x 10.5 (or 9.5). Can I fit these under my jeep okay? If not, what is the least expensive way to go about doing this?

-Jeremy

Depending on sag, you MIGHT fit 235-75-15 's, or 30 x 9.50 tires without rubbing. If you're willing to do a bit of cutting for clearance, they certainly will fit.

31 x 10.50s will not.

Depending on the condition of your springs you can get away with 30's, just don't disconnect. LT235's will fit fine.
31's are borderline, no problem on road but off road and/or loaded down you will get some rubbing. Front is easy, just add a couple of washers behind the steering stops, rear it will hit the wheel well liners.

Well since i can't put any 31's right now how much lift is absolutely needed to give me them b/c I have a friend who is going to give me his since he wrecked his truck.

A 2" budget boost should work, I still would not disconnect though and even with the BB you may only get 1" out of it due to the age of your springs. If he's giving you new[er] springs and you actually get 2 or more inches from what you have now it will probably be fine. If you get heavy rubbing on full stuff you might want to consider bump stop extensions so they don't go so far into the wheel wells. It is a trade off.

id go 3 inches just to be on the same side

Back