• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Horn

jsk2052

NAXJA Forum User
Today I got the idea to put an air horn in my xj. I really don't know how I'm going to this, I really haven't gotten a chance to explore how the system works. I was wondering if anyone has done this or if anyone had any ideas as to how this might be possible. I'd really like to avoid having it on the roof, I'd like to put it where the stock one is or just anywhere that it isn't visible. I'd also like to be able to push the steering wheel to use it. BTW its a 2001.

Last edited:
488Full_shot.jpg

have a Viair set up with a 2.5 gal tank. I run the line off the regulated line for my front ARB. It used to run right off the tank but the solenoid didn't always open with 150 psi behind it. Then I just wired it to one of the wires for the stock horn. It works great.

Mine are shorter then these but this is the guy i got mine from. I also got my compressor set up from him.

Air horns

Compressor

Mmmm... Train horn.

That's exactly what I want. With everyone in the Bay Area driving like demented jackasses, I just want to start making them have to change their shorts when they cut me off, or get too close to me.

I don't mind rearranging a few things to make that happen - I wonder if I can fit one under my hood when I'm all done?

5-90

I installed this boat one for a customer which doesn't need a compressor and is designed to be abused with salt water. Fully made from stainless steel but only a bit louder than stock.
Vents%20010.jpg

You just see mine tripple set here in this shot and run them off three compressors normally used on those red plastic jobbies from Walmart etc. They sound much better and louder due to the extra pressure and that they are chrome plated brass which gives the best sound.
GasStrut 003.jpg

Need them to get the stupid Roo's and cattle out of the way when in the Outback!

Last edited:
Kindof an old post but I just had to add to it. I installed dual horns, one off of a 1948 F5 Ford Truck and the other one is off of a 50 something Chevy Truck. They sound awsome!! I had to run them off of a relay because they kept blowing the 20 amp fuse.

Train horns are a big thing down here for the Mall Crawler fully blinged out Full Size truck guys. NOBODY ignores that sound...oh...the Ahhooogaaa horns are illegal in Florida....they are classed as SIRENS :confused1

MudDawg said:
Train horns are a big thing down here for the Mall Crawler fully blinged out Full Size truck guys. NOBODY ignores that sound...oh...the Ahhooogaaa horns are illegal in Florida....they are classed as SIRENS :confused1
A friend of mine gave me a set of Nathan train horns. I though it would be cool to stick on my jeep until I saw how freakin huge those things are. They must have been three feet long. I ended up selling them on ebay and buying two Hadley horns like the Mack trucks run...they certainly have an affect on other drivers.

Back