• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would anyone trust the PORC adj. trackbar?

96CheroKeeClassik

NAXJA Forum User
yeah so I'm thinking about getting one of the PORC Adjustable trackbars when I get my SYE from them. I am just curious as to if you guys think that this track bar would be worth my $119.00 or if should just go ahead and get the RE bar and bracket for $220+. And also I need to know if the PORC trackbar would work with my existing mount, or if I'd need a bracket.... cause if I don't need the bracket I'll most likely spend the 119.00

Thanks

Reminds me of the RE 1600 trackbar, looks like junk.
I would run the RE HD trackbar.
You get what you pay for.

what about the rockkrawler trac bar, i just got one, it is solid nice hd bracket and i think it was like 180 or 190 bucks

dmxjg35c said:
what about the rockkrawler trac bar, i just got one, it is solid nice hd bracket and i think it was like 180 or 190 bucks
Given their track record, I would have spent the extra $ and got the RE HD track bar and bracket.

pair8hd said:
Given their track record, I would have spent the extra $ and got the RE HD track bar and bracket.

choice between rock krawler or RE, I would also choose the RE HD, but what is wrong with rock krawlers track record? Everyone talks up claytons products and they use rock krawler leaves and coils.

everyone dumps on rk b/c their gen I stuff wasnt that great, but the whole company has been much improved, their parts are way stronger then anything i have seen since its all solid stock. Their cust service is good too, i had a problem with my pinion angle for the front not being able to be adjusted enough and rk made me a 3/4" longer front arm for free to fix the problem. I have no complaints with any of my rk stuff and i plan on getting their steering system soon

I'm starting to like the RK the best probablly, because it comes with the bar & bracket for $189. I just can't see paying RE $175 for just the HD bar and another $85 for the required bracket . My jeep spends the majority of the time on the road, and a good mud trail trip every other weekend or so. I don't plan on rock crawling or anything too extreme for a long while, if ever. ...and I pull a boat. SO, since I don't plan on abusing my suspension too badly, would I be fine with just (for instance) the PORC track bar only? OR do I need this additional bracket I keep reading about? (keep in mind i'm gonna be running a RE 4.5 coil) I have no idea if I need this bracket or not for it work etc.? Please give me your input. thanks

I would get the bracket unless you find a HD track bar that has ball joints and extra bends to accomodate for lowering the angle of the track bar. You should have your track bar and drag/centerlink at roughly the same angles. Without a bracket it will make the angle of the track bar steeper than the drag/center link.

Back